Hours of work: Full-time Teacher Hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Midday Monday 19 April 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Catsfield CEP School, Church Road, Catsfield, East Sussex, TN33 9DP
Phone: 01424 892247
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Deputy Head Teacher
Full Time and Permanent Leadership 1-5 Teaching commitment 0.8 KS2
Required for September 2021
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint an exceptional individual for the role of full time Deputy Headteacher to work closely with the Headteacher in leading and developing our aspiring village school
Our school is small but always has great aspirations and you may be the very person to join our team. Our 175 year old school is well supported by all in our community. A place for challenging, creative and inspiring learning.
Catsfield is a small school with great aspirations; well supported in the local community, it is a place for challenging, creative and inspiring learning. You may be the ideal person to join our team.
Here at Catsfield we pride ourselves in putting nurture at the heart of our school. We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who will advance our pupils’ learning whilst embodying our core nurture values.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can bring a wealth of experience as an outstanding practitioner across the primary age range
- Has leadership experience showing impact at whole school level
- Can demonstrate an excellent understanding of curriculum design and reform, and has a clear vision for how this can successfully be implemented within the school
- Shares our belief that education is a partnership between pupils, teachers and parent/carers
- Can promote our Christian ethos within our Church of England school
- Demonstrates commitment to high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour
- Will inspire, encourage, support and challenge staff as well as pupils to reach their full potential
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and recognises the importance of well-being for every pupil, family and staff member
We can offer you:
- A warm welcome and valued place on our leadership team
- A very committed and dedicated team, supportive Governing Body and Parish community
- Positive, well-behaved pupils who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Opportunities for continued professional development.
- A rural school in an idyllic location, 15 minutes from the coast and 5 minutes from historic Battle
Closing date: 12pm Monday 19 April 2021
Interview date: Week Beginning 26 April 2021
Job description and application form available on our school website www.catsfieldcep.e-sussex.sch.uk or email email@example.com for an application pack. (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.