Hours of work: Full time Teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: 8am, Tuesday 20 April 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Little Common School, Shepherds Close Bexhill on Sea East Sussex, TN39 4SQ
Phone: 01424 842297
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic Inclusion Manager to lead on Inclusion across our large school. This wide-ranging role includes being responsible for excellent SEND provision, being one of three Safeguarding Leads and holding the role of Designated Teacher for Looked After Children. The role is full time, non class-based to start from September 2021. There may be an option of reducing hours to 0.8 FTE for an exceptional candidate (all mornings and three afternoons per week).
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record of successful leadership
• Be an outstanding practitioner with qualified teacher status
• Be committed to inclusion and striving for excellent outcomes for every child
• Have the expertise, vision and determination to ensure that every child achieves their potential
• Have knowledge and experience of teaching in the primary phase, including whole class teaching
• Be enthusiastic, resourceful, self-motivated and resilient
• Have a proven track record of successfully planning, implementing and monitoring strategies to address a wide range of needs in a school setting
• Have an understanding of the external support available to pupils with SEND
• Have recent safeguarding experience and be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children
• Have, or be willing to undertake, the mandatory national award for SEN coordination
• Have an inclusive approach to supporting high standards of behaviour and wellbeing
• Have excellent interpersonal skills; working well as a team and building positive relationships with parents and other stakeholders
We can offer you:
• Well-behaved children who are fun to teach
• A well-embedded approach to emotional wellbeing
• A well-resourced, continually improving school environment
• A friendly and committed staff team with high expectations
• A supportive Head Teacher and Deputy, with experience of leading SEND
• An active governing body with supportive SEND governor
Visits to our school, to have an informal chat with our Headteacher, are strongly encouraged and can be booked by contacting Sue Cherry on 01424 842297 ext 202.
Application packs can be downloaded from the school website.
Closing date is 8am on Tuesday 20 April 2021
Interviews are to be held Wednesday 28 April 2021
PLEASE NOTE, WE CANNOT ACCEPT CVs
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.