Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging rewarding role? If the answer is “yes” then we’d love to hear from you.
The role attracts a salary of £23,480. Based at the crematorium, the working hours are 8am- 4.30 pm Monday to Thursdays 8am – 4pm Fridays with the flexibility to work later if the service is busy.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Work at the crematorium at New Pond Road in Godalming.
- Be the front face of the crematorium and the point of contact for funeral directors and officiants assisting with last minute queries.
- Receive the deceased into the chapel performing necessary ID checks with coffin plate.
- Be responsible for the smooth running of the chapel, making sure services run to time and in accordance with all procedures and industry standards.
- Coordinate with Wesley music providers on webcasts, service recordings and music requests.
- Maintain a strict cleaning regime between services in the chapel and assist with daily cleaning of site including book of remembrance, flower room, staff and visitor facilities.
- From time to time, provide cover in the bereavement services office including data input, taking bookings for services, answering telephone enquiries and performing witnessed laying to rest of ashes.
- Provide cover in the office for annual leave and busy periods.
What you need to succeed in this role:
At a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people in difficult situations.
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail.
- Confident with computers
- Flexible with approach to work tasks
- Be prepared to undertake training to operate the cremators.
It would be great if you also have:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.
A basic DBS check will be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.
If you have any queries about this post, please contact Natasha Precious Bereavement Services Manager on 01483 444711.
Please note: Previous applicants need not apply.