Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is a 12 month fixed term contract position.
The ICT Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of an exciting Digital Connectivity Project, to enable the Council to drive forward on our digital priorities and ensure that Hillingdon, its Residents, and local businesses are well placed to benefit from improved digital connectivity.
The upgrade of Hillingdon's digital infrastructure, to next generation 5G and Full Fibre broadband services, will enable us to be recognised as a 'Smart Place' - with great digital connectivity, which helps Residents and local businesses to live, prosper, learn and share.
The ICT Project Manager will be required to build on the Council's Digital Connectivity Strategy - ensuring that we are 'investor ready' and on the front foot - allowing us to attract early investment into this new digital infrastructure.
They will need to engage with internal colleagues, across various Services and at all levels of the business, as well as with the wider market/providers, other third-party agencies and with Residents.
The ICT Project Manager will need to work with all stakeholders to ensure that Hillingdon is clear on its investment, priorities, its strategies, policies & processes and how it wishes to use this potential capability to drive benefits for Residents and local businesses.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses