Case Officers in the Resident Support Theme deliver services to some of the more vulnerable residents of the district including the homeless, those in housing need and people claiming housing benefit and council tax support. The Team is also responsible for the effective management of the Council’s housing stock and administration of the Handyman Service.
In this role you will be providing administrative and clerical support to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services. No two days will be the same, activities will be varied including such things as answering the telephone and dealing with customer enquiries, responding to emails and online communications, producing letters via templates and mail merge, scanning and filing (electronically) of key documents, checking and validating applications, processing orders and invoices, data entry and database management.
Experience of delivering administration services in an office environment is essential while experience of working in a local authority or similar organisation would be an advantage.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be an experienced administrator
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Be a team player who can work in a flexible and supportive manner
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and manage their own time well
- Deliver their work to a consistently high standard
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have excellent IT skills, proficient in using Microsoft Office