To provide information and support to residents in the various programme of works. Facilitating the smooth running of projects by building and maintaining positive and professional relationships between the residents, contractors and Gravesham Borough Council.
- To liaise and consult with residents to explain the nature of intended work, ensuring they fully understand the process, estimated time scales, the councils and residents responsibilities and details of the appointed contractor.
- To liaise with residents in their own homes, to discuss their specific circumstances and create a profile to assist the delivery of planned maintenance work.
- To consult with resident groups and arrange meetings to communicate planned maintenance and receive their feedback. This may mean taking and distributing minutes from the meetings.
- To investigate and if possible resolve first stage complaints by residents in connection with planned maintenance works. If unable to resolve then ensure the council’s complaints procedure is followed and the relevant officers are briefed on cases.
- To conduct condition audits/surveys of occupied premises prior to commencement of work and ensure accurate records are kept.
- To produce comprehensive letters, leaflets and other documentation to advise residents of the improvements and planned works. The documents must be clear and concise and take into account any equality and diversity issues.
- Arrange for satisfaction surveys for all residents, collating responses to highlight any issues and offering solutions to improve.
- To maintain links with other council departments, contractors and other external to ensure that best practice and best value are achieved.
Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required for dealing with a range of personnel including colleagues, customers, members and contractors.
IT literate including Word, Excel, internet and databases. Proven ability to adapt, learn and develop new IT packages and systems quickly.
Demonstrable customer service skills within a customer facing environment. Proven history of continually putting the customer first, ensuring quality service provision and satisfaction.
Excellent team player, with enthusiasm for change and development.
Customer Care/ Business Administration Qualification
In return we offer you:
A generous holiday entitlement, plus paid bank holidays.
In-house and external training including non-qualification, Continued Personal Development (CPD), NVQ and other qualification training.
Employee Assistance Programme
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is a free and confidential support service, offering you unlimited access to advice and information as well as coaching and counselling where appropriate.
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the service is there to help you manage all of life's events and support you through the challenges. Their expert advisers are there to help,
whenever you need them. Support on the telephone, online and face to face.
A very secure pension scheme which both you and we pay into. More information can be found on the Local Government Pension Scheme website.
An on-site Occupational Health Advisor. We have an occupational health service provided by East Kent Hospitals University Foundation NHS Trust. The service is delivered by a team of health professionals who specialise in occupational medicine and deal with the relationship between your work and your health. Occupational Health also works with us to resolve any issues in the workplace and also to ensure that well-being at work is maintained.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager email email@example.com
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Gravesham Borough Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.