Salary: £10.01 - £11.27 per hour
Variable, 24 hours per month, term time only. Evenings & Daytime required
St Anne’s and St Martin’s are Catholic Primary schools located in Caversham, Reading. Both are single-form entry schools, judged Good at their last Ofsted inspection.
Our Federated Schools offer a thriving, vibrant and caring community where the children are stretched intellectually, whilst feeling valued, happy and safe.
Life at both St Anne’s and St Martin’s provides the platform, challenge and expertise for our children to grow spiritually, morally and socially. We pride ourselves on our strong Catholic values.
The governing body is seeking to appoint a Clerk who will provide advisory and administrative support to enable it to meet its duties in an efficient and effective way.
Members of the Governing Body are volunteers who work closely with the senior leadership team in a strategic capacity to determine the future direction of the school.
Reporting to the Chair of Governors, this key role ensures the effectiveness of the Governing Body. As Clerk, you will primarily be responsible for:
- advising the Governing Body on procedural matters
- preparing agendas in consultation with the Headteachers and the Chair of Governors
- taking and writing up the minutes at meetings
- distributing documentation
- providing general administrative support to the Governing Body
The successful candidate
We are looking for the following personal attributes in a clerk:
- an interest in acquiring a sound understanding of governance legislation and procedures
- excellent communication and organisational skills
- be able to work independently whilst at the same time forming effective relationships with the Governors, Headteachers and Bursar
- Experience of working within a school Governing body is desirable, but not essential
This post will work on a flexible basis so the successful candidate must be able to organise their own time and work to strict deadlines.
There will be approximately 4 full governors’ meetings, ten daytime committee meetings over the academic year, plus time needed to prepare materials both in advance and after meetings.
Closing date 15th March 2021.
Interview date tbc.