Finance Systems Accountant
Full Time 37 hours
£36,992 - £42,821
RG7 (scp 33-scp 39) gateway at 36
If you’re looking to combine a challenging new role with an excellent quality of life, take a close look at Reading Borough Council. You’ll be part of an ambitious organisation that’s driven by innovation, fresh thinking and an entrepreneurial spirit. As for your future, there’s everything to gain. As a learning organisation, we offer exceptional opportunities for training, development and career progression.
About the role
You will be part of a busy team of 5, supporting circa 900 users across the Council and our sister company, Brighter Futures for Children. The Financial Systems Accountant reports to the Financial Systems Manager and will provide expert technical advice in relation to the maintenance and development of the financial systems. The role works closely with both the technical finance team and finance business partner teams across all services.
- You will have experience of using Oracle Fusion, either in a public sector or private sector context (preference will be given to candidates with experience of administering the Procurement module).
- Some knowledge of Local Government finance would be an advantage.
- Experience in a large complex organisation.
- Good communicator with the ability to explain complex issues to a wide range of system users.
- Able to contribute to establishing and embedding business processes and governance including financial and risk management.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work as a key client contact.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.email@example.com
Closing Date: 10th March
Interview Date: w/c 15th March
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.