Finance Business Partner (DACHS)
Responsible for Directorate of Adult Care and Health Services
Full time 37 hours
£42,821 to £48,847
RG8 (scp 39 - 45)
About the role
This role will be connected to the Directorate of Adult Care and Health Services to generate ideas and create initiatives to the financial benefit of the Council, while being clearly a Finance Function advocate, maintaining independence of thought and action to be able to challenge the directorate as necessary.
You will be required to:
- Work with the relevant Strategic Business Partner in delivering a high-quality finance function that supports of the objectives of the directorate and within the budgetary provision made available
- Create and deliver significant initiatives that improve service delivery and save money.
- Support the Chief Accountant in delivering, on time, all annual statutory returns for the Council including the RA and RO submissions
You will be a member of a business partner team, enabling quality decision making, to achieve successful outcomes, providing financial insight in shaping organisational strategy and major transformations to achieve corporate outcomes.
The post requires you to have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and communicate financial information, guidance, and processes, to multi-disciplinary teams
The following experience is essential for this role:
- Business Partnering within Adult Social Care
- Understanding of the local authority relationship with Health
- Knowledge of funding streams associated with Adult Social Care
- Experience of Adult Social Care systems e.g. Mosaic, Controcc or similar.
- CCAB qualified accountant
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Relocation scheme offering up to £8,000 towards the cost of relocating permanently to Reading (only for approved posts)
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21st March
Interview Date: w/c 22nd March
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities