Green & Clean Manager - Fixed Term Contract or Secondment for 2 years
Salary: Band 9 - £32,233 - £35,744 p.a.
37 hours per week
You must be able to work at any site as required
As a service we take pride in our work by valuing others, focusing on what's important so that we make a real and positive difference. Our values are outlined in our Ways of Working and our Guiding Principles and if they reflect how you are and how you work then this could be the role that meets your expectations.
What is the role?
The main responsibility of the Green & Clean Manager is to manage all elements of cleaning and grounds maintenance at our council housing’s communal areas or contracted sites. You will be required to line manage teams of between 10 and 40 resources such as cleaners gardeners and bulk operatives, allocating their work and supporting them in meeting the purpose of the service, which is “to help keep the local area safe, clean and tidy and provide advice / support when needed”. You will deal with problems as they arise, including helping staff with advice and guidance or by taking away bigger issues to resolve with others in the local area management team and beyond.
You will gather data, analyse and use it to improve your understanding of how the service operates, including the demands residents make on the service and their satisfaction with it. You will work with your staff to identify areas for improvement and implement them, experimenting where required. You will also need to liaise with Councillors and work with them to address local resident issues and concerns.
You will liaise with external contractors and manage the work they carry out in your area as well as dealing with any issues that arise while maintaining a good working relationship based on partnering principles. You will need to ensure that the ordering of stock and the maintenance of equipment is carried out. You will also manage the Green and Clean finances for your area.
You will be part of the area office management team and have input on the wider services provided by that area.
Who is the person?
You need to:
- Be an excellent communicator, who has the ability to listen and talk to a range of people from cleaning operatives to Councillors.
- Have had some experience in a supervisory role, with experience of managing people, sickness absence, knowledge of HR Policies an advantage.
- Have an understanding of systems thinking methodology and experience of using the method and experience of using this to develop a service or staff.
- Have good IT skills and experience of using databases and spreadsheets, particularly to manipulate/analyse data.
- Be able to plan, organise and prioritise work, as you will be juggling many tasks at once.
- Be confident and comfortable to make decisions on your own without referring to line management.
- A working knowledge or understanding of Health and Safety and Waste Management legislation would be an advantage
- Be willing to travel around your allotted area and to attend out of hours meetings.
- Have some experience of managing budgets as you will be responsible and accountable for your team's budget.
- Have full UK driving licence to travel across housing areas.
- Have the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English
Closing date: 9th March 2021
Applications received after this may not be considered
Assessment process: 15th March 2021
Interview process: 16th/17th March 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.