Hours of work: 37 per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 21 May 2021
Interview date: to be confirmed
For an informal discussion, please contact Tim Hillman - Employer Engagement Pensions Manager on 07935 014575
About the role
An exciting opportunity to join the East Sussex Pensions department as part of the new employer engagement team. The role will allow the right candidate to help deliver employer engagement services to employer organisations in the East Sussex Pension Fund. Working closely with the Engagement manager this varied role will provide the successful candidate a chance to learn and develop their skillset in engagement within the Pension Fund.
Some of the key tasks of this role will be:
- To help to build and maintain an effective engaging relationship between employers and the East Sussex Pension Fund (ESPF) to allow a consistent communication flow.
- Make sure all employer requests and enquiries are responded to in an efficient and timely manner.
- The delivery to employer organisations of complex information and regulations of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- To help build a process and structure to manage the monthly employer contributions for the ESPF.
- Support the identification and delivery of training to employer organisations within the ESPF.
- Build and support a strong communication strategy with employers.
- Help organise and Deliver the Annual Employers' Forum for the ESPF.
- To deliver the complex process of admissions and cessations to the ESPF. Working alongside the relevant stakeholders to ensure due process is followed.
- Ensure the Fund's compliance with LGPS, associated regulations and best practice.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.