Hours of work: 37.5 Hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time and term-time only
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: The duration of the maternity cover period
Closing date: Wednesday 10 March 2021
Interview date: Thursday 18 March 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Senior Teaching Assistant - Learning Support (Maternity Cover)
Location: Seahaven Academy, Newhaven
Salary: Full Time Equivalent salary is £19,243.60pa, actual pro-rata’d salary is £16,531pa
Contract: Fixed Term maternity cover
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (term time only) further information below
Start Date: 19th April 2021
About the School
At Seahaven Academy we are a very proud community: we are a ‘good’ school with a track record of strong outcomes, really big ambitions and incredibly high standards. We whole- heartedly believe in the United Learning motto: ‘the best in everyone’. The strength of relationships between students and staff is second to none, so add to this a vibrant atmosphere, a stunning cliff-top location and excellent facilities and you will see why we feel so strongly about our academy.
In this unprecedented time visits to the school are not recommended but please contact the Senior Support Manager, Vicki Bowes at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal conversation about our school.
Do you want to make a difference and have a positive impact on student’s lives both inside and outside of the classroom?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team and make a difference to student’s lives.
Being a Senior Teaching Assistant in our school can include:
- Running small (6-8 students) intervention groups, for example Social and Emotional; English or Maths; Life Skills
- Being a keylink worker for a small number of students – being an identified adult to work in addition to their tutor and work proactively with students to foster independence and be the school link for parental contact
- Being in the class supporting primarily targeted EHCP students but also to support other students within that class
- Attending meetings with parents, other professionals and a lead member of staff
- Occasional cover for lessons where a teacher is absent – training will be provided and due to the size of the team occurrences are infrequent
- Opportunities to take a lead in a specific area, to develop expertise and share best practice, for example, Dyslexia, EAL, ASC
This role is a term time only position with the hours of work as predominantly 7.45-3.45 daily with a rota’d one day per fortnight of 7.15-3.15 for homework club provision under normal school provision.
The successful applicant will:
- Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
- Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations
- Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
- Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You will have at least level 2 in literacy and numeracy and a good level of ICT skills or willing to take functional skills qualifications
- You will have excellent team working skills
We will offer you:
- An unrivalled opportunity to make a difference to a school and its community
- The opportunity to work with the fastest growing academy group in the country
- A comprehensive CPD programme both through the school and through wider opportunities within United Learning
- A great working environment with high staff morale and a strong sense of community
How to apply
Please go to http://www.seahavenacademy.org.uk/Staff/Vacancies and view our Job Pack for further information. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Seahaven Academy is part of United Learning, which is a large, and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England. Schools within United Learning work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our intranet site, United Hub, is just one example of how we share resource and communicate across sites, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Seahaven Academy is an equal opportunities employer committed to ensuring continuing professional development for staff.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.