Senior Business Change Specialist - Internal Applicants Only
We are looking for an experienced full time Business Change Specialist to support our Directorates with their large scale change and transformation programmes.
You will be part of a new directorate leading on a fresh approach to how we work with our stakeholders and customers and how we use best practice to drive present and future programme development. If you want to work within a strong, forward thinking team focused on improving outcomes through change activity you should consider joining us.
The purpose of the role is to drive, lead and manage major and complex change at pace and to increase the efficiency and improved outcomes for Wokingham, ensuring involvement and engagement with key stakeholders. This role will work collaboratively with the senior leadership team of the Council and stakeholders to deliver the objectives of the Council’s Change Programme.
What you'll be doing and your duties :-
- Working directly with the Director and their leadership team, to ensure Business Change, covering the necessary aspects required to deliver any products, processes or services that will lead to benefits, such as service efficiency and effectiveness/MTFP savings
- Solving problems and managing more complex issues, using judgement to make decisions
- Facilitating and driving sessions that support decision making and service planning
- Ability to challenge where appropriate and set outcomes that align to the wider Continuous Improvement Programme
- Line management of and giving clear direction and leadership to team members within Business Change
- Working collaboratively alongside the PMO and Project Managers to take responsibility for the governance of relevant change deliverables and programmes
- To deputise and represent, where appropriate, the Head of Business Change
- Using innovation and industry best practice to constantly evolve the way we deliver our Specialism and support team members to grown and reach their full potential
- To support the senior management team within Digital & Change with the services strategy and vision for the future
Skills, Knowledge & Experience that we would like to see:-
- A good, practical and up to date understanding of Business Change methodology and approach, particularly in a Local Government setting
- Experience of working within a successful Business Change environment with a proven track record of delivery
- An understanding of programme and project management methodology
- Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations, clearly, concisely and compellingly to senior stakeholders and the wider business
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to multi task
- Knowledge of how local government operates
- Good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Business Change Management qualification or experience in a business change environment.
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join an excellent and dynamic team in Digital & Change.
This is a full time role and some evening and/or weekends may be required.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.
Alternatively, if you would like to ask any questions about this role please email Lewis Borges at email@example.com quoting ref: CIC/21/143664
Closing date for applications: 1/3/2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.