*Previous applicants need not apply. *
Do you love working in the great outdoors in all weathers? Would you enjoy working in a team to provide essential grounds maintenance for the community? Then this is the perfect job for you!
You will be required to have a proactive attitude while completing operations that will include grass cutting, shrub pruning, hedge maintenance, flowerbed, and floral display maintenance and various other grounds maintenance duties on varied sites including highways, parks and cemeteries.
You will also be required to fixing and maintaining park furniture, fencing and goal posts etc., collect/removing fly tipping, maintain the grounds maintenance equipment and machinery and other general required cleansing work.
About the Person:
- You will be able to work in a hardworking team or on your own
- You will have basic health & safety knowledge
- You must have good communications skills
- You will have proven experience of working in a physically demanding role
- A full driving license is preferred but not an essential requirement for this role.
- You will be highly motivated and capable.
- Are capable of working well on your own and as be a supportive member of a team.
- Adaptable to the task in hand and willing to learn.
- You are confident to make process improvement suggestions where necessary.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership. We also provide a flexible and agile working culture for a great work/life balance.
Closing Date: 20 June 2021 @ 23:59
Interviews: W/c 21 & 28 June 2021
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change.
Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.
For any further information about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.