Salary: £36,500 - £39,000 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Thursday 4 March 2021
How to apply: Please visit our website www.stmichaelshospice.org for an application pack
About the role
Full time 37.5 hours per week £36,500 - £39,000 per annum dependant on experience.
We are excited to be recruiting a full time manager for our expanding bereavement service, leading a highly skilled and well established team of senior counsellors and volunteers to provide an open access service to residents of Hastings and Rother.
You will work alongside the multi-disciplinary team and the hospice’s community partners to deliver timely, creative, and diverse support for bereaved clients. You will support the team to create person centred support through a range of modalities and methods, to meet the needs of the Hastings and Rother community, particularly for individuals and groups underrepresented within the bereavement service.
You will work closely with a large skilled volunteer team to deliver services face to face, by telephone and virtually. You will implement the Adult Attitude to Grief Scale, and support the transition of the service to electronic record keeping.
As the successful candidate you will be committed to developing your skills and knowledge to support the bereaved and be innovative in the ways you approach opportunities. We are seeking skills in counselling or psychotherapy, volunteer management, exceptional communication and relationship building, service or project management, managing complexity and risk and knowledge of legislation underpinning best practice.
Join our team at St Michaels Hospice in developing the bereavement care services we offer to people across Hastings and Rother including delivering services from the Rye Hub on the Hill, providing teaching and learning, increasing our research and evidence practice base, and strengthening our collaboration with partner agencies and providers in the community.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- Be fully supported and developed within the field of bereavement by our Psychosocial Lead
- Work in close collaboration with our supportive team of multidisciplinary clinicians across nursing, medicine, rehabilitation, social work and spiritual support.
- Extend your skills, knowledge and experience in providing bereavement support and in leadership
- Be creative in service development to achieve our Compassionate Communities strategy
- Access experienced supervision, clinical reflection and mindfulness support
- Optimise peoples’ health, wellbeing and independence in our beautiful hospice setting with gardens and sea views
Please visit our website www.stmichaelshospice.org for an application pack
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.