Are you well organised, enjoy business administration supporting colleagues in a demanding and fast paced environment? If this is you, we are seeking a highly organised and talented Legal Administrator to offer the highest level of legal administrative support within a fast paced and highly regarded legal division, committed to excellent standards of service delivery, supporting a range of interesting, complex and diverse legal areas.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape your career in an environment that nurtures and encourages talent. This role cuts across the Legal departments and divides found within traditional law firms, providing a real opportunity to broaden your experience in an innovative environment.
You will need the following essential skills and experience:
- Ability to prioritise own workload to meet deadlines in a fast changing environment.
- Experience of working in a demanding office environment.
- Good Numeracy and English Literacy skills experience
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral) in order to represent the work area and deal with customers.
- Highly skilled and organised in providing administrative support with a resolution focussed mindset.
- Experienced in delivering excellent customer focused service in a professional manner.
- Able to use computer systems with a high level accuracy.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications i.e. SharePoint, outlook, excel, word
- Able to abide by the Council’s agreed standards: i.e. confidentiality, diversity, health and safety, data protection etc.
- Ability to seek support and guidance as necessary
- Ability to work in a large complex, political organisation and to understand and operate within national and local frameworks of accountability.
- Ability to influence decisions.
- Commitment to and application of equality and diversity in service delivery.
- Demonstrates high standard of ethical and personal conduct.
- Ability to analyse complex data
- Knowledge of Legal process or Local Government is an advantage
Full time hours, 36 per week
To view the role profile click here
Closing date 2nd March 2021 (11:59 pm)
Equal opportunities statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to a standard DBS check.