Harlow Council currently manages capital investment, repairs, and maintenance and compliance services for nearly 10,000 homes, 2,400 leasehold properties and a number of light industrial, shops, offices, community buildings and leisure facilities.
As part of the success we have invested over £100 million in our assets to provide better homes and more modern commercial premises for our residents and lessees. Its journey of transformation in the past few years has been remarkable.
As the Mechanical Engineer (Water) you will be responsible for the following duties:
Produce position statements and technical guidance
- Develop and maintain planned and preventative maintenance activities
- Carry out mechanical installations and water supply systems surveys
- Evaluate risk assessments of stored water services
- Design new mechanical installations, including material and workmanship specifications
- Assist the role of Project Manager in the management oversight of projects and programmes
- Day-to-day oversight of the cyclical stored water refurbishment programme
- Review, update and maintain real-time data for compliance monitoring of the Client’s assets
You’ll have experience of supervising and monitoring the performance of external contractors and consultants in delivering water hygiene and treatment activities and a good understanding of Safety, Health and Environmental requirements.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Bob Purton, Principal Building Surveyor firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please visit our website for details on how to apply and to download an applicaiton form.