Salary: £39,000 - £42,500 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Thursday 4 March 2021
How to apply: Please visit our website www.stmichaelshospice.org for an application pack
About the role
Full time 37.5 hours per week £39,000 - £42,500 per annum depending on experience.
We are excited to be growing our social work service with the recruitment of a social worker and senior social work to join our multi-disciplinary team at St Michaels Hospice, focusing on enabling people to achieve what is important to them and supporting families and carers.
As a social worker, you will engage with people to facilitate timely, creative, person-centred support that builds on strengths, enables people to make informed choices and to manage their health, wellbeing and lives as independently, for as long as possible. You will work closely with other members of the multi-disciplinary team providing support around transfer of care, emotional and psychological needs, concerns for children and young people, and issues relating to risk, vulnerability, mental capacity and safeguarding.
As a senior social worker, you will lead on the delivery of person-centred social work support. You will represent social work in clinical and hospice wide projects and delivery, working with a multi-disciplinary team of senior clinicians. You will manage a caseload of complex patients and identify opportunities for increasing our reach and diversifying our social work offer.
As the successful candidate you will be committed to developing your skills and knowledge to support individuals, carers and family members who are experiencing the challenges of advanced illness and who are accessing the range of Hospice services across outpatient and inpatient settings. We are seeking skills in holistic assessment, exceptional communication and relationship building, strengths-based approach and experience in health and social care statutory settings, managing safeguarding concerns, complexity and risk and knowledge of legislation underpinning best practice.
Join our team at St Michaels Hospice in transforming the palliative care services we offer to people across Hastings and Rother including delivering services from the Rye Hub on the Hill, supporting carers, increasing our research and evidence practice base, and strengthening our collaboration with partner agencies and providers in the community.
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- Lead developments in the assessment, support and training for carers, as well as being a Designated Safeguarding Officer (Social Worker) or Safeguarding Lead (Senior Social Worker) and contributing to ongoing training in this area
- Hold a low caseload of patients and families enabling you to use relationship based social work methodology
- Be fully supported and developed within the field of palliative care by our Psychosocial Lead
- Further your skills in supervision and line management through the management of social worker (Senior Social Worker) and volunteers (Social Worker)
- Work in close collaboration with our supportive team of multidisciplinary clinicians across nursing, medicine, rehabilitation, spiritual support and bereavement services
- Extend your skills, knowledge and experience in providing specialist palliative care social work support
- Access experienced supervision, clinical reflection and mindfulness support
- Optimise peoples’ health, wellbeing and independence in our beautiful hospice setting with gardens and sea views
Please visit our website www.stmichaelshospice.org for an application pack
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.