Are you well organised and like working in a fast paced environment? If this is you, we are seeking a talented and well organised Legal Business Support Officer to offer the highest level of legal administrative support within a highly regarded legal division, committed to excellent standards of service delivery to the Council, covering a range of interesting, complex and diverse legal areas.
This is an opportunity to shape your career in an environment that nurtures and encourages talent. This role cuts across the Legal teams and divides found within traditional law firms, providing a real opportunity to broaden your experience in an innovative environment.
You will need the following essential skills and experience:
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Good time management and personal organisational skills
- Experienced in dealing with confidential issues and documents
- Experienced to understand and react to changing priorities and deal with unforeseen and urgent demands
- Ability to work constructively with office colleagues and clients and be resolution focused
- Good and effective communication skills (both written and oral) in order to represent the work area and deal with customers.
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload to meet service requirements
- Ability to work effectively within a team and demonstrate an adaptable attitude to undertake a wide range of duties
- Experienced in delivering excellent customer focused service in a professional manner
- Highly proficient in computer software packages e.g. Microsoft packages e.g. SharePoint, outlook, excel, word
- Legal knowledge/ experience and demonstrable interest in Local Government Law an advantage
Full time hours, 36 per week
To view the role profile click here
Closing date 23rd February 2021 (11:59 pm)
Equal opportunities statement
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to a standard DBS check.