Contract type: Fixed Term for 12 months
Working pattern: 21 hours per week
Closing date: Wednesday 24 February 2021
About the role
Main purpose of the role:
• To have responsibility for the operational finances of the school maintaining accurate accounts in accordance with best professional standards, statutory requirements and an internal systems and procedures.
•To provide financial information and complete statutory returns to given deadlines and administrative support to the Head of Finance.
Main (Core) Responsibilities, Tasks and Duties:
1. Maintain accurate accounts in respect of Nominal, Purchase and Billing Ledgers using Engage accounting software and perform closedown procedures at month end and year end.
2. Maintain Engage accounting system ensuring general housekeeping routines are carried out as recommended. Report any discrepancies and ensure corrective action. Ensure back up procedures are carried out.
3. Ensure invoices and staff expenses are entered into budget codes and that all invoices are authorised by the budget holder for payment.
4. Ensure invoices and staff expenses are paid on time either by BACS or cheque and arrange Governor attendance to perform this task.
5. Assist in the reconciliation of the bank account ensuring the account is properly managed and does not go overdrawn or equally high balances are moved to reserve accounts to maximise interest.
6. Maintain student banking facility to ensure students can access their pocket money and balances from the ‘school bank’.
7. Responsibility for banking of all incoming cheques and cash and management of petty cash.
8. Responsibilty for billing of termly school fees (3 times per year), including collection of data that form part of the billing process, including travel and Occcupational Therapy recharges.
9. To monitor student admissions to ensure the billing process is accurate.
10. To maintain credit control in respect of school fees and in liasion with the Head of Finance chase outstanding debts.
11. Assist other staff with school trip finance ensuring trips are paid for in advance and any non payment is chased. To keep excel spreadsheets for each trip.
12. Periodically empty payphones and bank cash.
13. Assist with year end procedure including collating of requests and reports from auditors.
14. Maintain Fixed Assest Register.
15. To assist the Head of Finance with the administration of Payroll.
16. To undertaken duties as direct by the Head of Finance in relation to the financial administration of the School.
Northease Manor is a special educational needs school situated in a beautiful rural setting and is a wonderful place to work. ‘The behaviour of pupils is often truly impressive and is outstanding overall. Almost all are unfailingly polite and courteous, colleagues are inclusive, happy, fun and deeply committed’ (latest OFSTED report). More details about the school and about this post can be found on the school’s website www.northease.co.uk. If you have energy, enthusiasm and a burning passion to make a difference, this could be the perfect job for you. Northease Manor is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure.
All staff will be expected to obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure and references will be sought.
Closing date: Wednesday 24 February 2021 at 10am
If you are interested in applying, please visit our website www.northease.co.uk for a full job
description and application form to be found under the ‘Contact us’ page. Should you have any questions about the application process, contact our Office team on 01273 472915.
Applications may be submitted electronically or in hard copy to:
Cheryl Moore (email@example.com)
Northease Manor School, Rodmell, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 3EY
If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, it means that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.