Wokingham Borough Council, based in Wokingham Town Centre, are recruiting for a Customer Delivery Officer on a 6 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave and work within our Place & Growth directorate in our Planning team.
We would encourage Graduates and candidates with planning experience to apply.
The role is in a busy but small team and your primary duties will comprise of the validation of a wide range of planning applications, enquiries and correspondence.
The council has an ambitious growth agenda with thousands of new homes proposed over the coming years and so it is an exciting time to come and join us.
Wokingham Town Centre is an attractive market town in Berkshire, with excellent road and rail links and is easily accessible from London. The Borough has good schools and low levels of crime and the town is attractive to families and residents, who enjoy a high quality of life.
In the current circumstances we are all working from home and this may continue throughout the 6 month fixed term contract. A laptop and IT equipment will be provided along with support for remote working.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:-
- An understanding of development management
- Experience in assessing complex plans and have an eye for detail
- A can do attitude; trustworthy, dependable and delivers on what is promised - A desire to improve their skills, knowledge and experience.
- An ability to work and communicate effectively with colleagues internally & externally as well as support agents and applicants with their application submission.
- An efficient, effective and consistent processing and resolution of case work.
So, if you are interested in Planning and are looking for a career in this area, we would love to hear from you.
Closing Date: 24/02/2021 11.00pm. Interview Date: 03/03/2021 Selection for this vacancy will be via the Council’s Competency Framework Scope
For more information about the role please contact; Shazada Ahmed on 07990 774363 or Shazada.email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.