CUSTOMER SERVICES ADVISORS
Starting salary £18,993 per annum rising gradually to £24,491 per annum after training
Permanent - Full Time (37 hours per week)
The Customer Services Directorate are seekingtwo Customer Service Advisors to work within our Customer Service Team – Our team provide a first class service to our customers ensuring the highest standards of customer care are maintained at all times.
Services currently handled by our Customer Services Team include: Cleansing; Environmental Health; Car Parks Council Tax and Business Rates; Benefits; Planning & Building Control; Elections; Housing and Switchboard.
To be part of our skilled and dynamic team, you must:
- Be willing to work as part of a team to provide a high quality service to customers
- Be performance driven and able to achieve performance targets.
- Have experience of working in a pressured environment preferably where advice, guidance and problem solving skills have been exercised on the telephone as well as face to face.
- Have excellent telephone answering, communication and IT skills
- Be of a flexible nature
- Be a quick learner and willing to develop and learn customer service processes and procedures
- Be able to use a variety of computerised resources to access and process information
- Be able to develop good working relationships with the Customer Services Team and other services within the Council
- Have enthusiasm, drive, commitment and reliability
In return, you will receive an extensive and structured in-house training programme including a training mentor, an excellent package with progression through the pay scales based on completion of training and development activity and a very good working environment. In addition:
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (subject to salary grade and continuous service), plus paid Bank Holidays, PLUS Flexi-time including an opportunity to accrue a further 12 days flexi leave per year
- Free membership at local leisure centres
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work discount/Christmas Savings/Save As You Earn Schemes
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including free health checks, free eye tests and an option to pay into a Simplyhealth Care plan
- Training and Development Opportunities
Due to the current pandemic there will be some working from the offices and some working from home, although please note that this is subject to change and these roles are based at the Civic Centre in Littlehampton and Bognor Regis Town Hall. Customer Service Advisors may be asked to work at either of these sites based on a rota.
CLOSING DATE: 28th February 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE: 17th – 19th March 2021
Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in
employment. If you have a disability which makes it
difficult to complete our application form, please contact
the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application