Bereavement Service Manager
We are looking for a qualified and experienced individual to lead the Bereavement Services team based at the Civic Centre, Silver St, Enfield EN1 3SE. The role requires enthusiasm and innovation to continue our journey on expanding our services in a commercial driven environment with the ongoing work which includes, burial space expansion and construction of mausolea and burial chambers.
The role will require the successful candidate to be experienced in managing the day to day functions of the service, overseeing three staff. You will be required to work closely and in conjunction with the operational side of the service (the Cemeteries Service Manager) which is managed separately.
Experience in dealing with all aspects of a bereavement service, from dealing with customer enquiries, booking funeral with Funeral Directors to headstone safety testing is required to ensure that the Council fulfils all of its statutory obligations.
You will be expected to support a team of officers with their day to day activities providing support, guidance and quality monitoring as required. You will represent the Council at meetings with individuals, funeral directors, other local authorities and faith group leaders and to support the Service Manager, with service planning, performance and budget monitoring.
The role will include use of the Services Bacas record management system and the Council's finance system, experience in both systems is an advantage although not essential as training can be provided. The successful candidate will hold the ICCM Diploma in Cemetery and Crematorium Management and will have a demonstrable track record working in the bereavement services industry.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. your CV
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Monday 8th March 2021
Interview date(s): TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Martin Rattigan on 020 8132 0927 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.