Job Title: Senior Admin Support Officer
Location: Hertford (currently home based due to COVID), with flexible working arrangements
Salary Range: £20,903 pa progressing to £25,481 pa
Hours: 37 hours
We are seeking a highly competent and flexible Senior Support Officer to join our team – helping us deliver Hertfordshire’s vision as a “County of Opportunity” and deliver good growth.
Through collaborative working, the Growth and Infrastructure Unit supports a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ensure plans for growth benefit all current and future residents. We work with a number of internal and external partners as part of the Hertfordshire town planning process, influencing the development of good place making.
What you’ll do
Often as the first point of contact for the Unit, you’ll play a key role in supporting the Growth and Infrastructure Unit’s primary functions by undertaking the following tasks:
- Supporting the Head of Service and Team Leaders
- Document management such as tracking reports, booking meetings and minute taking.
- Managing and evolving processes and systems
- Managing financial transactions and functions (training will be given)
- Monitoring and managing a number of key administrative tasks on behalf of the Unit
The skills you’ll bring:
- Good customer care and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT literacy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Supportive team player
- Data management expertise
- An interest in process improvement and information sharing
Who we are:
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority experiencing unprecedented levels of growth and development within the county. The Unit is responsible for our interests in growth areas, economic development and strategic infrastructure. Join this proactive, flexible, ambitious team, and you’ll support a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you’re ready for new challenges in a varied and rewarding role, with an organisation that values you as an individual, then apply now.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Bron Claridge 07812323195.
Closing Date: Thursday 25th February 2021
Interview Date: 4th and 5th March 2021