Digital and ICT Operations Lead
Full time 37 hour
£60,004 - £74,905
There has never been a better or more exciting time to join Reading Borough Council’s Digital and ICT team.
We are strengthening and expanding the team as we move to a new, multi-supplier operating model designed to make the best use of Digital and ICT capabilities, now and in the future, to enable our internal and external customers to deliver services of critical importance to the citizens and businesses of Reading. The team will oversee the delivery and ongoing evolution of services from specialist suppliers, making sure that the overall service meets our customers’ needs, is well integrated, high-performing and secure.
Simultaneously, we are working with the wider business and external stakeholders to develop the organisation’s digital transformation strategy. The team will be at the heart of turning that strategy into reality.
Why work in Reading
About the role
As Operations Lead reporting directly to the Chief Digital and Information Officer, you will be accountable for integrated operational service delivery across Digital and ICT, and for the commercial management of our Digital and ICT supplier base. The role calls for a firm understanding of the strategic aspects of service management coupled with the ability to respond flexibly and swiftly to operational circumstances, underpinned by commercial acumen.
The following experience is required for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field plus demonstrable experience in network/system administration and PC support, including experience working within ITIL aligned Service Management.
- ITIL certification at L4 Managing Professional or equivalent, demonstrating clear understanding of the ITIL framework and its application in an ICT delivery environment.
- Certified in a project management methodology
- Previous experience of ICT Operations in an ICT department with experience of managing ICT Operations, supplier service performance, business relationships and DevOps processes.
- Strong and deep technical ICT knowledge to be able to work closely with technical teams in Service, DevOps and ICT Operations.
- A track record of leading complex ICT operations; delivered via both traditional and contemporary methods
- Ability to set the direction and translate strategic priorities into clear outcome - focused objectives for managers and teams in a demanding leadership role.
- Deep understanding of technical principles, best practice and drive to implement exemplary ICT operations, service and DevOps solutions
- Experience in managing supplier contract agreements across multiple suppliers and ICT categories within large organisations.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.email@example.com
Closing Date: 28th February
Interview Date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.