Digital and ICT Business Partner
Full time 37 hours
£48,847 - £54,878
There has never been a better or more exciting time to join Reading Borough Council’s Digital and ICT team.
We are strengthening and expanding the team as we move to a new, multi-supplier operating model designed to make the best use of Digital and ICT capabilities, now and in the future, to enable our internal and external customers to deliver services of critical importance to the citizens and businesses of Reading. The team will oversee the delivery and ongoing evolution of services from specialist suppliers, making sure that the overall service meets our customers’ needs, is well integrated, high-performing and secure.
Simultaneously, we are working with the wider business and external stakeholders to develop the organisation’s digital transformation strategy. The team will be at the heart of turning that strategy into reality.
Why work in Reading
About the role
As one of our two Business Partners, you will own strategic relationships between the Digital & ICT team and its customers in the wider business. This critical, varied, wide-ranging, ambassadorial role will include relationship development, the identification and development of digital opportunities within the business, tactical issue management, and acting as the voice of the customer in operational and strategic decisions
The following experience is required for this role:
- Business Analysis (level 5) qualification- BCS/ISEB diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent
- The development of business requirements, capital bid and invitation to tender documents for new initiatives and business changes facilitated by technology solutions.
- Significant experience of business requirement analysis and solutions assessment.
- Demonstrable a track record of building strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Experience of working to implement a digital strategy across an organisation.
- Able to work in partnership with a leadership team in a senior managerial capacity, in order to develop and deliver ICT plans and strategies in turn contributing to delivering a successful business plan.
- Experience in delivering strategic and tactical technology change through robust project management disciplines.
- Exposure to user–centred design principles
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.email@example.com
Closing Date: 28th February
Interview Date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.