Digital and ICT- Design Authority
Full time 37 hour
£60,004 - £74,905
There has never been a better or more exciting time to join Reading Borough Council’s Digital and ICT team.
We are strengthening and expanding the team as we move to a new, multi-supplier operating model designed to make the best use of Digital and ICT capabilities, now and in the future, to enable our internal and external customers to deliver services of critical importance to the citizens and businesses of Reading. The team will oversee the delivery and ongoing evolution of services from specialist suppliers, making sure that the overall service meets our customers’ needs, is well integrated, high-performing and secure.
Simultaneously, we are working with the wider business and external stakeholders to develop the organisation’s digital transformation strategy. The team will be at the heart of turning that strategy into reality.
Why work in Reading
About the role
Reporting directly to the Chief Digital and Information Officer, you will be accountable for the overall architecture of the organisation’s Digital and ICT solutions and services, ensuring that our technology architecture meets the aims of our digital transformation strategy, setting standards for and driving innovation from our suppliers, and providing solution assurance. This role calls for a firm grasp of current and emerging technologies, an architectural mindset encompassing both technology and enterprise dimensions, and an ability to embed robust assurance into the new operating model.
The following experience is required for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent, related field
- Professional qualification or certification demonstrating commitment to CPD in at least one of the domains
- Proven track record of driving and leading large-scale architectural projects throughout an entire business/enterprise through to completion
- Demonstrable experience of Solution Design & Architecture
- Knowledge of ICT Quality Assurance processes
- Possess substantial, ‘hands-on’ experience and a comprehensive understanding of Enterprise Architecture gained from multiple technology-enabled transformation
- Demonstrable experience of being accountable for the design decisions in a sizeable ICT estate within the Public Sector
- Robust knowledge of Security Architecture
- Experience of all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Architectural understanding of applications, including digital applications/platforms/services
- Experience working within mobile, cloud and infrastructure solutions environments
- Firm understanding of ITIL
- Experience in reviewing and selecting Technical and Applications Architecture solutions/approaches
- Experience of providing specifications and requirements to support procurement of ICT.
- Solid understanding of IT technology fundamentals including understanding of the technologies employed by RBC. These include Microsoft cloud (Azure) and enterprise software, Cisco and VMWare.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact Stephen.email@example.com
Closing Date: 28th February
Interview Date: tbc
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.