Social worker (1-year contract to cover Maternity Leave)
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east-London borough. What we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to support our vision. As a result, we've developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council.
We're one of the fastest growing parts of the country and the third most diverse London borough. Our communities are attracted by a mixture of excellent schools, relatively affordable housing, high-quality open space and rapid transport connections into the heart of the City.
We are looking to recruit a qualified Social Worker to provide maternity cover for at least 12 months. The relevant candidate should have a SW qualification, be registered with SW England and be available to start as soon as possible. This role would suit a highly motivated, dynamic and tenacious individual who is competent with their statutory duties under the Children Act 1989 and has a sound understanding of other legislation and guidance relating to Safeguarding Children.
This role will entail excellent assessment/analysis skills, a clear understanding of thresholds and a flair for thinking SMART and creatively in relation to care planning for those children who are subject to Child in Need and Child Protection Plans. The role will also include holding some of the most complex cases that are in PLO and Court Proceedings and therefore practice experience around cases in court is essential.
The ideal candidate should have the following attributes:
- has substantive experience of working with children, young people and their families;
- has excellent writing skills and who is confident in representing the service at professional forums.
- is committed to achieving positive outcomes for Children who are subject to Child in Need, Child Protection plans as well as those that are subject to Court Orders.
- has experience of completing assessments and developing SMART care plans for children, young people and their families; and
- has a proven track record of establishing positive and meaningful relationships with children, young people and their families as well as colleagues.
All post holders are expected to maintain professional standards of practice and to work in accordance with the Directorate vision, values, procedures and managerial guidance.
To apply please complete an application form and clearly mark this for ‘Community Social Work Team’ as well as the Post Number CT 0270 for the attention of Sabina Samad. Alternatively, if you would like to have an informal discussion, please contact me at email@example.com or by telephone on 0208 708 6016. You may also send me your CV’s at the above e-mail address.
Closing date: 26 February 2021
To apply for this job please visit www.redbridge.gov.uk
Ambitious for Redbridge