Join us - make a difference in our communities!
Working for us at West Sussex County Council is all about making a positive difference to the people of West Sussex.
This is a great opportunity for you to join us as an Assistant Care Manager - you will act alongside our social work and health care colleagues responsible for delivering a statutory social work service to adults living in the locality of West Sussex.
About The Job
Salary: Grade 6 £20,903 to £22,183 OR Grade 7 £23,080 to £25,481 depending on experience
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Adur District, Glebelands centre (home based during Covid)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Care Manager to join the Adur District team at the Glebelands centre.
The team will offer the successful candidate excellent peer support, regular supervision and on-going training opportunities to develop your skills as an Assistant Care Manager.
The work will involve carrying out Care Act assessments and reviews; Mental Capacity Act assessments; Continuing Health Care assessments and supporting with Safeguarding enquiries where appropriate. The successful candidate will be expected to take part in a duty rota.
It is essential that as an Assistant Care Manager, you have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the team. You will also be able to effectively manage a caseload in a timely and consistent manner, using clear and concise recording and be able to work effectively with our partner agencies in Statutory and Voluntary organisations in busy health and social care environments.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and prioritise needs in order to make recommendations/decisions which will have a positive outcome.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-agency environment to deliver a service to those people who access or need the service.
- Ability to communicate complicated or sensitive information to a range of audiences to achieve positive outcomes; to be able to communicate clearly with customers reflecting the service objectives and standards.
- Sound and accurate IT and keyboard skills.
- Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent qualification or experience operating at this level of literacy and numeracy.
- NVQ Level 3 in Care.
- Experience of providing support/working with people in a Social Care environment.
- Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency setting.
- An awareness of the policies, practices and procedures relevant to Social Work.
- Experience of the assessment and review process of care packages.
- Experience of applying relevant legislation, policies and procedures to individual pieces of work.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03009 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Annaliese Edgington, Adur Team Manager on 03302 228 255. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!