Join us and make a difference to people with disability and autism!
We're on a drive to achieve our ambition to provide West Sussex residents with the tools and support to remain independent. We need people who are talented, skilled and professional who have a proven track record in achieving positive outcomes with and on behalf of people with complex disabilities.
Our Lifelong Services Teams are committed to supporting people with a lifelong physical or learning disability or autism. We know that a consistent and joined up approach, working in partnership with individuals and their families can make the difference, enabling individuals to live a good life, as defined by them.
Our Occupational Therapy (OT) team is unique in working across the lifespan of disability helping children, young people, and adults to live independent, productive lives. We support people to access their wider community, work and leisure activities and essential daily activities.
About The Job
Salary: £47,351 to £50,725
Working Pattern: Full time, 37 hours
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Bognor Regis
Interview Date: Week commencing 8 March 2021
The successful person will lead and manage a team of registered and non-registered professional Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants ensuring that the service delivered is to an effectively high standard and in line with HCPC standards of practice, national legislation and West Sussex County Council policy and procedures.
Managing your team, you will be expected to assign, monitor and review team activities to ensure standards, development and implementation of team plans and performance targets are in place and being met. You'll promote effective working practices with colleagues and partner agencies and ensure the delivery of quality support plans to West Sussex residents with the aim of meeting customer outcomes and preventing, reducing, and delaying the need for services where this is possible.
As a member of a highly committed multi-disciplinary management team, you are responsible for the provision of occupational therapy within Lifelong Services, as well as ensuring that the perspectives of Occupational Therapists are taken into account in the management and development of the Service. This post will require you to manage business priorities according to demand and deliver performance targets by the effective management of resources.
Demonstration of strong management and leadership skills to provide excellent services that improve outcomes for the residents of West Sussex is key.
Experience and Skills
- Provide professional occupational therapy knowledge, skills and experience to the service area, within the context of both child and adult lifelong disability. Promote professional leadership within the service specialism.
- Lead staff through complex change within the context of the political, legal and practice framework, identify innovative solutions and constructively challenge existing practices, effectively deliver performance management solutions.
- Problem-solve and tackle challenging issues of a technical, professional, resource or people related nature.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills (including IT) and the ability to analyse and manage data and monitor financial expenditure of for example: staffing, equipment and adaptation.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Diploma or BA / BSc in Occupational Therapy.
- Current registration with the Health Professions Council.
- Significant post qualifying experience, including the delivery or co-ordination of quality customer focused service to individuals with complex disabilities.
- Experience of managing / leading staff.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE03007 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Hiring Manager (Job Title) at email address. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to HCPC registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!