We support and empower our staff to make a difference to the people of Bracknell, come and join us on our journey.
We want all of our residents to be able to live their lives to the full. Our Community Support Workers are central to that aim by supporting people in their own homes, as well as in residential settings. You’ll be given the time you need to deliver exceptional care – we’re known for our high standards. Along the ways, you’ll have the support and training you need to thrive. We’ll help you to be at your best, so we can be at ours.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
The Intermediate Care Service is a multi-disciplinary team which incorporates health and social care professionals that strive to support our residents to live fuller lives and be at their best. A fast-paced service that supports people within their own homes and residential settings following a hospital discharge or crisis in the community. Our team can support a person on their journey to recover from an illness, operation or injury for up to six weeks with a view to regain independence.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Work as part of an integrated, multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide and work within a planned programme of rehabilitation, care and support for people who use the service following an assessment of their needs, including personal care, meal preparations, exercises and mobility, cognitive therapy and therapeutic moving and handling.
- To monitor and make observations of general behaviour, abilities and responses of people who use the service; record and report information in relation to the person’s situation and review outcomes and risk assessments as the person’s condition changes. Maintain accurate records.
- Undertake statutory and mandatory training, participate in identifying own training needs, attend training programmes and contribute to the induction of new staff within the service. Develop and maintain own competencies in all areas of care, support and rehabilitation.
- To take an active role in health promotion including falls prevention, medication support, importance of activity, good nutrition and healthy living with a view to regaining independence in line with departmental policies and procedures.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- Supported through regular supervision and annual appraisals.
- Essential Car User Payment paid monthly in salary and free parking.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we’re looking for…
An enthusiastic, respectful and reliable person who is adaptable to a fast-paced working environment based on a three-week fixed rota. Experience of working in care, regular access to a car and will enjoy working as part of a large team who contributes to improving the lives of residents in Bracknell.
Interviews will be held on 8th and 11th March 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Assistant Team Manager, Domiciliary Intermediate Care
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
How to Apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.