Community Transport Driver
Community Support Services
£19,844 - £22,314 pro-rated to 21.6hrs a week permanent
Could you be a life-line for hundreds of people in the community? Thanks to our community transport service, those older and more vulnerable in our community can continue an active lifestyle by attending amazing classes, activities and events within our 7 Centres for the Community, support groups and medical appointments.
We are looking for someone with Community Transport experience, excellent driving skills and a friendly and approachable nature.
Our fleet of accessible vehicles are available to older residents with a mobility impairment and you can be part of a vibrant and friendly team as a community transport driver. You have probably seen the buses around Elmbridge!
- You are willing to work as part of a team
- You will have a full current D1 driving license for at least 2 years, with basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- You can bring Community Transport experience and knowledge to this role
- You will have the smile, have the caring attitude and the commitment to customer service that our customers that will make all the difference to their day.
- You will have the organisational and good communication skills and be willing to muck-in and support the rest of the team when needed.
We pride ourselves on placing our customers at the heart of everything we do. This especially applies to our community support team. This group of committed and inspiring individuals come together to offer our residents a huge variety of care and support. For example,
- Meals on wheels
- Seven Centres for the Community
- Community alarm and telecare services
- Community transport
- Relief carers scheme
- Independent living centre
- And specialist groups supporting those with Parkinson’s and those recovering from a stroke.
- Of course, you will be generally out-and-about around the borough (and part of Mole Valley), regularly driving our customers to their medical appointments, as well as bringing them to our Centres and their group sessions.
- You will be based at our transport depot at the River Mole Business Park in Esher.
If you think you can make a difference in the community, then we need you!
If you have any queries, please call Lizzie Pain, Community Transport and Fleet Manager on 01372 474529.
What are you waiting for?