This is an exciting role to facilitate the successful delivery of capital projects making a positive difference for residents and businesses across the City.
This role is focused on enabling Project Teams to successfully take projects from conception to delivery and ensuring effective governance is deployed across the programme. As well as enabling project managers to be successful, the purpose of the role is to implement a new, co-ordinated approach to support the delivery of major programmes of work across the Council, including those being delivered by our trading companies. Key elements of the role include:
- Supporting the development and delivery of the capital programme which includes large scale major development projects
- Effectively communicating to bring people with you, including senior managers, partners and stakeholders
- Be outcome focused and driven to accelerate the successful delivery of projects
- Collaboration across multiple disciplines to test, tweak and embed new ways of working that deliver projects within budget, on time and meeting clearly defined outcomes
- Actively coach, provide training and support people across the organisation to effective governance and processes are followed.
- Identify areas of improvement to continually enhance the Project Management Office to support project managers across the organisation.
Oxford City Council prides itself on delivering high quality, cost effective public services. Oxford is a world class city and the Council has high aspirations for its services and employees. We are a multi-award winning Council and in May 2017 we were re-accredited at Gold level for Champion IiP status. Our other awards include the Institute of Revenues Rating & Valuation (IRRV) ‘Excellence in Innovation (General)’ winners 2017, Oxfordshire Environment Partnership (OEP) ‘Best Food Waste Reduction and Collection System’, and several ‘Team of the Year’ national and regional awards across our Service Areas. This builds on our previous success in achieving ‘Council of the Year’ in 2015. We are accredited with the Customer Service Excellence Quality Mark which helps us to ensure that the customer is always placed at the heart of everything we do.
With over 700 staff dedicated to delivering the best service possible to our communities this is an exciting time to be working in Local Government. We focus on improving outcomes for local people and you might be surprised at the range and quality of the services we provide.
We offer a fantastic range of staff benefits that include generous holiday (from 28 days a year plus bank holidays), local government pension scheme, subsidised leisure membership, discounted travel and flexible working in many roles. We offer well-defined opportunities through our learning and development programme. We also have an employee wellbeing programme, an employee assistance programme and support via our dedicated occupational health service.
How to apply
More information is available on the role profile document. Please read this document to ensure that you meet our requirements. More information about working for the Council, our values and vision, is available on our web site.