Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Are you someone who is passionate about delivering change programmes and making online customer journeys as easy as possible?
We’re looking for a talented Programme Delivery and Project Management Office (PMO) Support Manager to join our Business Change Team. We're taking steps to strengthen the delivery and monitoring of our existing change programmes while making sure our PMO Support Team continues to underpin our Project Management and processes. Integral to this will be reinforcing and improving our Project Management Framework and assuring and refining reporting and governance arrangements.
You will be part of a new directorate leading on a fresh approach to how we work with our stakeholders and customers and how we use best practice to drive present and future programme development. If you want to work within a strong, forward thinking team focused on improving outcomes through change activity you should consider joining us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for change programmes delivering new service design, innovation and culture change across the Council
- Maintaining Wokingham’s Project Management Framework and processes to make sure the Council has a sustainable, long term approach to programme and project management.
- Leading, motivating, and developing staff involved with projects and programmes to achieve consistent delivery of outcomes and high employee engagement
- Managing and developing PMO Support and its tools to coordinate programme and project monitoring.
- Gathering, analysing and summarizing data and information to co-ordinate reporting and ensure escalation where needed.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- A proven track record demonstrating successful delivery of projects and programmes
- Experience capturing and disseminating lessons learned and emerging best practice to drive present and future programme development
- A background of refining and improving programme and project management processes, reporting and governance
- Experience of successfully working collaboratively with colleagues across organisations and managing key relationships with external stakeholders
- The ability to mentor team members to improve delivery of programmes and support career development.
- Able to adapt, be flexible and multitask
- Commitment to continuous improvement through managing change
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.