Economic Development Project Officer (Skills and Employment)
Salary Grade 7 £29,577 to £32,910 per annum
Two-year fixed term contract
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, innovative individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, who has the leadership skills required to project manage and develop the Council’s work to enhance skills and employability for its residents. The post-holder will have a key role in delivering the Council’s ‘COVID Recovery Plan’ and mitigating the negative impact of the pandemic on employment and employability across the Borough, particularly for those who struggle in the labour market.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and analysis of information for project development
- Report writing
- Supporting project management activity
- The effective negotiation and implementation of Employment and Skills Plans linked to major developments
- Engagement and liaison with internal and external partners
- Supporting related bids for external funding
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- A degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of employment and skills interventions
- Partnership working
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft suit
Closing date: 11pm, 7th March 2021
Interview date: 15th/16th March 2021 (Subject to change)
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic and high profile team would like an informal discussion please contact Rhian Hayes on 07769 956463.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.