Climate Emergency Project Officer
Salary range from £29,577 to £32,910
Wokingham Borough Council is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, innovative individual with excellent communication and organisational skills, who is passionate about sustainability and climate change. With colleagues you will develop and deliver the Councils Climate Emergency Action Plan, and associated projects. In this role you will help communicate and engage partners to inspire, build capacity and support action by and with all Wokingham’s communities. This will involve developing new initiatives, creating partnerships and grants applications to enable more communities to take action.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, monitoring, analysis, reporting and reviewing key issues, opportunities, risks, and performance for policy development and implementation of plans
- Communicating with partners, and engaging them to work in collaboration to deliver more sustainable outcomes
- Supporting project management activity
- Report writing,
- Monitoring strategy performance
- Supporting bid proposals
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- A degree or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge on climate change policy and practice
- Experience in carbon footprint accounting
- Good communicator (both written and verbal)
- Excellent time management skills and project management experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Eye for detail and data analyst skills
- Ability to use Microsoft suit
- Enthusiastic and keen to learn
If you are interested in being part of a dynamic and high profile team and would like an informal discussion please contact Rhian Hayes on 07769 956463
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer
Closing date: 11 pm, 7th March 2021
Interviews: 15th/16th March 2021 (Subject to Change)
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.