Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
The Software Engineer is a key role in providing technical software solutions to work requests, incidents or solution design requirements related to transformation project work. Primarily, they will be developing software solutions related to Web integrations, interfaces or Business Intelligence solutions, ensuring they are developed to defined standards, and improving the service.
We are ideally looking for a candidate who has significant experience developing ETL solutions using SSIS packages, data modelling and setting up data marts, upgrading/supporting SAP Business Objects software, developing and implementing universes, and creating complex and efficient webi reports, ideally using social care data sources.
The right candidate would also be able to provide technical skills to support existing BI solutions and processes, legacy interfaces, and be open to moving into Microsoft BI technologies.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses