We're on a drive to achieve our ambition to provide West Sussex residents with the tools and support to children, young people and adults with Lifelong Disabilities, helping them to achieve the outcomes that are right for them.
We have created a Lifelong Service for anyone that has a lifelong disability (learning disability, physical or sensory disability, acquired brain injury or autism) acquired before the age of 25, providing a consistent approach where we understand and work in partnership with children, young people, adults and their families in order to:
- Offer early intervention.
- Build on an individual's strengths to develop skills and independence.
- Build and promote links with the individual's community.
- Promote and maintain safety and good health.
- Facilitate employment.
About The Job
Salary: Grade 6 £20,903 to £22,183 OR Grade 7 £23,080 to £25,481
Working Pattern: Full and part time available (37 hours or flexible)
Contract Length: Permanent or temporary
Location: Bognor Regis
We are currently looking for an Assistant Care Manager, based in our Western Life Long Services Team at Durban House Bognor Regis.
You will work alongside social work and health care professionals responsible for delivering community led support to people with Learning Disability, Physical Disability, Long term conditions and Autism.
You will be expected to carry out assessments, care planning, implementing and reviewing care provision within the principles of the Care Act 2014 which relate to the promotion of health, wellbeing and personalisation.
The post holder will be responsible for leading on an interesting and challenging portfolio of casework, attending multi-disciplinary meetings, and working in partnership with our Health, Community and Third Sector colleagues.
The implementation of the Care Act 2014 means that we are working within a changing and dynamic environment, with the associated challenges and opportunities that this brings. You will also be a part of a rotating Duty rota as the first point of contact for the team approximately one day a week.
As an Assistant Care Manager, you will act as a representative for the service with a focus on delivering community led support to those who access and need our service. You will also assess, plan, implement and monitor care packages in accordance with statutory requirement. You will have experience of working with in a statutory social care organisation or in a care setting with adults. You will have very good communication skills and be confident in managing risk and prioritise completing demands within a Social Care setting, other relevant backgrounds i.e. Health Care will also be considered.
You should possess a reasonable understanding of the context of Local Authority Social Care, including prioritising need within a context of finite resources. With good IT skills you will also have the ability to communicate effectively to a range of people and be able to work in a pressurised but friendly and supportive well-established team.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret information and prioritise needs in order to make recommendations/decisions which will have a positive outcome.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a multi-agency environment to deliver a service to those people who access or need the service.
- Ability to communicate complicated or sensitive information, both orally and in writing, to a range of audiences to achieve positive outcomes; to be able to communicate clearly with customers, reflecting the service objectives and standards.
- Sound and accurate IT and keyboard skills.
- Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, and to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- GCSE English and Maths or equivalent qualification or experience operating at this level of literacy and numeracy.
- NVQ Level 3 in Care. Desirable
- Experience of providing support/working with people in a Social Care environment.
- Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency setting.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to others.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually.
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
- A range of flexible working options.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CAFHE02998 .
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Paul Rogers, Team Manager Western Life Long Services on 03302 228 778. For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!