Waste Management Supervisor
Starting salary from £27,852 p.a (Ref: B147)
Do you want:
- A secure job with a well-respected employer
- A regular income with regular pay reviews
- Working to benefit your local community
- A good benefits package which includes:
- Nest Pension Scheme membership
- A full training and development programme
- Free membership to two local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
- Comprehensive benefits and discount scheme
- Smart uniform
If the answer is YES, then you should join the service team at BEST, a wholly owned subsidiary of Broxbourne Borough Council delivering the Council’s domestic and commercial refuse and recycling collections. In this role, you will:
- Work with an enthusiastic, hardworking Waste Management team delivering the waste and recycling services
- Champion and monitor the use of in-cab technology (full training will be provided)
- Train front line staff in accordance with BEST policies
- Have good communication and customer care skills
- Be IT literate using Word and Excel packages
- Have relevant supervisory experience and the ability to motivate and lead the front line staff successfully
- Be committed and care about delivering an efficient refuse and recycling service and improving it for the future
- Have a full, clean driving licence. An LGV Class 2 is desirable.
- Be prepared to work outside in all weathers
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide information and advice in fluently spoken English is essential in this post.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
BEST is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Borough of Broxbourne website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight on Sunday 28 February 2021 quoting the above reference.
BEST c/o Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org