Job Title: Fostering Team Manager
Location: Farnham Stevenage Hertfordshire
Contract Type: Permanent,
Hours: Full time-37.5 Hours
Salary: Starting from £46,845 - £49,866 plus £4000 annual market forces entitlement
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Fostering Service as a Team manager in Farnham Stevenage, for the East Fostering East team.
The Fostering service is an innovative trail blazing service and one of the first in England to develop the Mockingbird Family model, and a dedicated Attachment, Regulation and Competency (ARC) team. The service continues to innovate and is currently involved in cutting edge research programmes with the Department for Education, The Anna Freud Centre and the University of Hertfordshire. This is a great time to be joining the service. We launched our new Fostering Strategy in November 2020 and we are driving forward improvements and change and getting great results, recruiting more carers and developing innovative programmes of training and support for our foster carers. There is a lot of energy in the service and commitment from partners to continuing to raise the profile of fostering in Hertfordshire right now, recognising the key role Fostering has to play for our children looked after.
At Hertfordshire we are rated as outstanding for our Leadership and Management. You will be joining a supportive management team; you will have opportunities to fully utilise your skills and experience and develop in your role
As a team manager you will be overseeing the successful operation of the Fostering team. Responsible for the assessment, matching and making of placements for children and young people. You will be providing quality support services for supporting foster carers and children and supporting long term arrangements. Driving high performance in the recruitment and retention of foster carers,and ensuring high quality practice. You will work closely with our partners enabling the one team principle to continually improve on outcomes for children and young people.
As part of our dynamic management team you will be:
- A leader with sound knowledge of Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards; and substantial experience in fostering, safeguarding and assessment preferably at management level.
- You will need to be a qualified social worker. You will lead a small team of Supervising social workers with a responsibility for over 100 fostering households.
- You will build on our success and drive our utilisation, increasing the number of children placed with our foster carers
- You will ensure that foster carers are supported to improve outcomes and stability for our children looked after.
Closing date: 24th February 2021
Interview date: 17th March 2021
For an informal discussion please contact Lynn Costello, Service Manager: 07580 744106
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
- Competitive Salary Starting from £46,845 - £49,866 plus £4000 annual market forces entitlement
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out – please visit www.hertsrewards.co.uk for more detail.