Individual Needs Assistant (NJC Level C, Scale 5) based in an Upper KS2 Class
Mile Oak Primary School is a friendly and inclusive school with 484 children on roll. We are very close to main bus routes.
We are looking to recruit an Individual Needs Assistant to support a child in a mainstream Upper Key Stage 2 classroom. As this position is for a child who is on the pathway to receiving an Education, Health and Care Plan, this role will be in place whilst the child attends our school. While the child is delightful, they also have a high level of social and emotional needs.
Experience of supporting children with SEMH needs is essential.
You will work closely with the class teacher and SENDCo to provide the very best education possible.
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term: Time limited support for pupil. Job-share welcome)
Start date: As soon as possible
About the role
Desirable skills, abilities and experience
- An excellent understanding of the needs of children who have social and emotional needs
- Knowledge of trauma in children; an understanding of how this presents and strategies to support
- Experience of working with children with attachment issues
- Ability to relate to children with complex needs and form positive relationships
- Resilient and reliable
- Ability to work flexibly, independently and constructively as part of a strong, supportive team, including parents and external agencies
- Experience of implementing the Just Right (or similar) programme
- Passionate about inclusion and helping children to enjoy and achieve
- A commitment to ensuring the best possible outcomes for all children
- Good numeracy/literacy/ICT skills
- Understand classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
Please note that we do not accept a Curriculum Vitae as a form of application. The job pack and application form are available to download from below.
At this time, visits to the school are not possible but if you wish to have a telephone conversation with the Head teacher about the role and the school, please contact the School Business Manager via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
Our school is committed to inclusion and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and references.
Closing date: Friday 26th February at noon
Interview date: Week beginning 1st March
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: email@example.com
School Office: (01273) 294881
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.