Hours of work: 6.5 hours per week (Fridays only)
Working pattern: Part-time
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term until July 2022 (maternity cover)
Closing date: Friday 05 March 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Fletching Church of England Primary School, Church Street, Fletching, East Sussex, TN22 3SP
Phone: 01825 722356
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
As the school is currently closed and visits are not possible, we would recommend that applicants browse our school website to find out more about our wonderful school. Please email the school office firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information or would like an application pack.
Fletching Church of England Primary School is one of East Sussex’s best kept secrets! We are situated in a beautiful location close to Sheffield Park with delightful children and supportive staff. We have recently formed the Bluebell Federation with Chailey St Peter’s Primary School and this is an exciting time to join the team.
A new opportunity has arisen for someone to join our fabulous Fletching family teaching one 1 day a week in our year 5 and 6 class, on Fridays.
This post is open to NQTs and experienced teachers. NQTs would be offered support through training and mentoring. The position will commence the week beginning April 19th 2021 through to July 2022, to cover maternity leave.
We are looking for:
- A talented teacher with great organisational skills;
- A passionate teacher who is able to inspire and motivate in order to improve standards and outcomes for our amazing children at Fletching;
- A reflective teacher who is eager to work as part of a happy and successful team to improve their own skills;
- An enthusiastic teacher who has a passion for the teaching and learning of reading;
- A nurturing teacher who is willing to embrace the Christian ethos of the school;
- A positive teacher who is committed to promoting a positive image of the school in all that they do.
We can offer:
- Delightful, enthusiastic children;
- A dedicated team of staff and forward-thinking governors;
- Positive ways to manage teacher workload and not be overwhelmed by repetitive marking and excessive paperwork;
- A flexible and creative approach to the curriculum;
- A leadership team that values people – including children – and wants teachers to enjoy and be fulfilled by their teaching and their engagement with pupils;
- Opportunities to learn from excellent practitioners both at Fletching School as well as Chailey St Peter’s.
Interviews will take place remotely during the week beginning Monday 8th March 2021.
Please note that if schools are still closed, interviews will take place via video link. We look forward to hearing from you.
Fletching CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.