We helped June to come out of hospital – she is now settled in her own home.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
The Adult Community and Hospital Social Work Team is a busy and supportive multidisciplinary team. You will assist in the overseeing of the social work team to facilitate timely discharge from hospital, avoid unnecessary hospital admission, reduce dependence on care, support families and enable people to stay within their own communities. You will have opportunities to be part of the development and growth of the team and will be encouraged to work on projects or focus on areas of interest.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To work as a Social Worker as part of a multi-disciplinary team, connecting people and their families to their community/social network, enabling them to live within their own communities, have a timely discharge from hospital, avoid unnecessary hospital admission and reduce dependence on long term care
- To support in delivering and maintaining high standards of performance ensuring continuous development and supporting people to fulfil their roles to maximum effectiveness within allocated resources.
- Take responsibility for own learning, including mandatory and suggested training, and the training of students and identified staff
- Take an active part in your own supervision and appraisal and to supervise and appraise allocated staff in accordance with the departmental supervision policy and council's appraisal policy
- To take a departmental or team lead within a specified area of work as required.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and friendly working environment
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Agile working “from home and in the Community” supported by up to date IT kit
- A great office location with free car parking next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Essential car user allowance and London Weighting
- Generous annual leave entitlement (increases after 3 years)
What we’re looking for…
We're seeking an experienced, registered Social Worker who is committed to supporting and challenging staff, ensuring high standards of practice and enabling people to be connected to their community/social network and safeguarded from harm.
11th March 2021
Interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams
Want to ask us a question
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Assistant Community Services Manager
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
How to Apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.