The post is career-grade and the appointment will be made at the level which reflects the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
This may be made at grade:
MM1 (38,496 - £49,818) or MM2 (£48,078 - £61,497) depending on experience.
Major Contracts and Commercial Lawyer x 1 (MM1 – MM2)
We are looking to recruit an experienced lawyer specialising in procurement and contract law for a fixed term or secondment of 12 months, to cover maternity leave.
The successful candidate will have experience of legal work relating to major contracts and procurement, with the ability to advise confidently on subsidy control / state aid, governance, funding agreements and other issues involved in larger projects. Experience in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: construction contracts, local authority trading companies and contract disputes.
We are seeking an individual with prior local government experience, who has excellent communication and drafting skills and the ability to provide legal advice to a variety of audiences, including senior officers and Members.
Applicants are invited to submit C.V.s and a supporting statement, addressing the criteria outlined in the person specification. Appointment will be made at a grade which reflects the successful candidate’s experience. If appointed at the Senior Lawyer grade (MM2), the candidate will be expected to mentor and support more junior colleagues of the team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional. Enfield Legal Services is professional, friendly and inclusive, with an excellent reputation and has huge transformation aspirations with exciting projects such as our flagship Meridian Water. We're employers that develop talent, encourage innovation and have a supportive and flexible working environment.
The post is a career grade post and appointment may be made at grade MM1 or MM2 depending on experience.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 25th February 2021
Interview Date: via MS Teams TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon 0208 132 1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Claire Paine 020 8 132 1156 or Elizabeth Paraskevaan on 0208 132 1447 informal discussion about the role.
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.