Due to continued growth across the organisation, we have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven individual with excellent technical and analytical skills to join the West of England Combined Authority as our new Assistant Finance Business Partner.
Working as part of our Finance and Procurement team, you will help them deliver effective and efficient finance support by undertaking a range of activities, within the following specialist work areas:
- Supporting the provision of effective and efficient financial information through proactive business partnering and providing financial modelling assistance when required.
- Playing a very active role in helping to establish reporting routines including month-end reporting, statutory reporting, budgets and commentaries.
- Monitoring income, expenditure and outturn predictions, identifying and communicating unexpected budget variances, budget volatility and monitoring the validity of budget management decisions against accountancy rules and regulations.
- Contributing to specific project teams in terms of Financial Modelling.
- Preparing and proactively contributing to reports for directors and managers and political decision makers clearly identifying the financial effects of policy and other corporate proposals on the delivery of services.
- Providing an accounting service for funding streams where WECA has Accountable Body status, including submission of returns to Government departments.
A flexible and dynamic approach is an essential requirement together with the willingness to respond constructively to challenge and opportunity and to be able to work alone or as part of a team.
We are looking for candidates who are qualified or a part-qualified accountant actively studying at the final level (CCAB/CIMA) with previous experience of business partnering, preparing budgets, budget monitoring and modelling.
Interviews will be held virtually.
WECA is an equal opportunities employer, in line with the Equalities Act 2010, and invite applicants to contact us to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process.
The West Of England Combined Authority is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or citizenship status.