Waltham Forest is a place people want to live, raise a family and start a business. We are fundamentally changing the way we work, building relationships, connecting people, harnessing our unique opportunities and the power of new technology to create strong, sustainable and self-reliant communities – we currently have a vacancies for Personal Assistant’s to Directors.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic applicant to work as a Personal Assistant to our Directors. The ideal candidate will be a quick-thinker, a willing team member and able to adapt to changing priorities on a daily basis. They should be able to work with the utmost discretion and with a good awareness of political sensitivities.
As part of this team you will also help multiple directors across a range of service and cover different areas when required. A flexible approach to workload with the ability to work under your own initiative, forward thinking and have the ability to demonstrate a really solid administrative experience is required. Knowledge of the public service and policies are desirable but not essential.
We are looking for applicants who can prioritise competing workloads and remain flexible with a level head when under pressure. You must be a confident communicator, able to liaise with Members, Directors and Partners – have the ability to draft reports and correspondence, be able to produce excellent, accurate minutes. You will need to be familiar with a range of IT packages
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Inbox management ensuring emails are responded to daily as appropriate
- Managing demanding diaries
- Management of emails, letters and phone calls - responding to or delegating as necessary on the Director’s behalf
- Secretariat of Team and Board meetings
- Organising internal/external events and meetings as requested
- Liaising with colleagues across directorates to ensure delivery of Management Boards key projects
You will report to the Executive Business Support Team Leader and will support the relevant Directors in parallel. You will work as part of a dynamic team who support the Council’s top tier of management;
PA experience is essential.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area; it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives contained within the Waltham Forest Council Equality Plan 2012/2015:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
- Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels.
- Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.