We are looking for a Senior Resource Centre Officer to support the Registered Manager and Assistant Manager with the day to day running of our short breaks service.
You will have;
- significant experience of working with disabled children
- experience in a supervisory position
- the Level 3 Residential Childcare NVQ or equivalent
- the ability to support and train staff to deliver outstanding standards of care
- a sound knowledge of safeguarding and be able to record and report to the designated safeguarding lead
- an understanding of some of the different types of disability
- an awareness of disability legislation, including the Guide to the Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015 and the Quality Standards
- the ability to apply legislation to practice, to achieve excellent outcomes for children
- an understanding of the impact that disability has on a child and their family
- the ability to work with other professionals and agencies to ensure that co-ordinated support to meet children’s needs is achieved
Most importantly you will be child focussed in practice, with a desire to ensure that the children have safe, fun experience that promotes their independence
About the role
The role includes the need to;
- oversee the day to day running of a range of shifts
- support the staff team to make sure that the children have enjoyable visits, that give them a range of stimulating experiences and promotes their independence
- supervise and mentor staff
- contribute to team meetings
- manage targeted areas of responsibility, including the health and safety of the centre, vehicles and equipment, planning activities and ensuring that communication needs are met
Bridges is a 5 bed OFSTED registered residential short breaks centre, that provides a range of breaks to disabled children and their families. We aim to provide breaks where children have fun, safe and positive experiences and develop independence skills, achieving the best outcomes possible. We also work as part of a wider service, to support families to meet the needs of their children.
Closing Date: 28/03/2021
Interview Date: 14/03/2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Tony Waite or Mel Budge on 01189695977
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.