209 Blackhorse Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 6ND
Tel: 020 8527 4065
11-16 mixed comprehensive, N.O.R. 900
Headteacher: Clive Rosewell
Scale 5 Sp Pt 12-15
Hours 36 hours per week 45.60 weeks per year
Salary (Actual) £21,984p.a. - £23,193p.a.
Salary f.t.e £25,137p.a. - £26,520p.a.
We are a successful and oversubscribed school at an exciting stage in our development.
We are looking for an Attendance Officer to help us ensure that every student is in school as much as is possible, something more important than ever as we move out of this pandemic. The successful person will work with key staff to promote high levels of student attendance and reduce levels of unauthorised student absence. There is already a strong and positive culture around the importance of regular attendance at Willowfield. We are looking for someone to help us further improve attendance and punctuality through effective administration of the electronic attendance system and by providing accurate and timely attendance and punctuality data to the Senior Leadership Team and the Local Authority. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A “can-do” approach to problem-solving and a willingness to engage across a broad range of areas as the need arises.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, both oral and written and the ability to relate to a broad range of individuals.
- Flexibility, patience and a sense of humour.
- Good standard of computer literacy and the ability to produce MIS reports as required.
- Sound organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- The desire to be involved in the life of the school.
- A willingness to build on and expand own skills and knowledge.
- Holder of the Platinum Quality Mark for Professional Development
- Holder of the Arts Mark Platinum Award
- Specialist partner of UCL - Institute of Education
- ‘a good school’ - OFSTED, June 2016
- Active partners in the Seven Kings, Waltham Forest and Whitefield’s Teaching School Alliances
Willowfield School as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults as its number one priority and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS check will be taken up on the successful candidate. We serve a diverse community and as an equal opportunities employer, particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates.
Please contact Janice Feltham, Head’s PA at the school to request a recruitment pack and application form (C.V.s will not be accepted) or to find out more about what we can offer email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or download the pack from our School Website
Closing date: Noon on 24 February 2021.