36.00 Hours per week
Wirral Council has set an ambitious but achievable target of doubling Wirral's tree cover over the next decade as set this out in the Tree, Woodland and Hedgerow Strategy 2020 - 2030, which provides the commitment and allocation of resources to do so. To do this we are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Tree Landscape Manager, to lead on the delivery of this major project. This senior post provides an exciting opportunity to join a passionate and committed team of officers, members and volunteers, to work across all directorates within the Council, resident amenity groups and private landowners to deliver the significant tree planting programme (over 200,000 trees planted during the next 10 years), seek external funding and work with landowners to identify and prepare available land for tree planting.
You will have significant experience of major tree planting schemes, the planning system, working with landowners, national & local stakeholders, community engagement and GIS / tree inventory packages.
To be considered for this position you will need to have a minimum of the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Level six qualification in Landscape Management or similar discipline.
- Level four qualification in arboriculture or forestry.
- Experience of using GIS packages (QGIS or Mapinfo Pro).
- Good IT skills (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of project management with demanding targets.
- Experience of working with the planning sector.
- Experience of working with amenity/local interest groups.
- Experience of working with the commercial horticulture sector.
- Self-motivated and proven experience of ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships and engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels.