This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a high-performing finance team delivering a comprehensive accounting service for the adult social care and commissioning divisions.
The Divisional Accountant for Adults' Social Care and Commissioning will join an innovative, forward thinking team who work closely with the service to better understand the challenges and opportunities, creating initiatives to financially benefit the Council and drive towards becoming part of an integral finance support service.
The role will be focused on supporting the Adults' Social Care Directorate in key decision making processes and increasing the focus on efficiency, effectiveness and innovation.
Key responsibilities include;
- Providing expert analysis and advice, to aid the strategic decision making process.
- Promoting integration of revenue and capital planning and the service objectives of the departments and council.
- Providing high quality information and professional financial advice to budget holders and senior officers.
- Contributing towards achievement of corporate and departmental goals in terms of maintaining Investors in People accreditation, good management practice, meeting financial targets and promoting the professional image of the finance function.
- Deputising for the Senior Finance Manager as required.
(COVID-19) - information for job applicants: Southwark Council are following the most recent Government guidelines surrounding Corona virus.
During this period, we still look forward to receiving your application and if successful, we will be conducting interviews remotely via video link. Details will be confirmed via email, if successful
Closing date: Friday 19th February 2021
Interview & Assessment Centre : Week Commencing 07 March 2021